We needed a fast DIY project the entire household could take part in structure on a rainy day during this time of social distancing. So we constructed a squirrel corn cob feeder in about an hour with 2 cedar fencing planks.
We get on week 3 of staying home and self distancing so it looked like the right time to construct a dining establishment for squirrels. This was a very easy project to construct with a kid and also we have strategies readily available to ideally make it even easier.
Our backyard supports to a forest location which suggests we have great deals of squirrels frequenting our yard. Concerning 2 months ago our three years of age (the other animal lover in your house besides me) wanted to feed the birds so we will certainly put out food for the birds as well as watch them come consume it from our dining room.
Nonetheless, it seemed like we ended up attracting equally as much squirrels as birds which was just as enjoyable to watch for us.
It was a stormy day this Saturday so we couldn’t deal with our other backyard projects as well as we can not leave your home so we chose to build a sit down restaurant for squirrels in our yard as an enjoyable family members project.
We managed to convince Brent to get onboard as well as make it a family DIY project. He mapped out up the plans and also rounded up the tools and products we already had in the garage. We had the ability to construct our squirrel corn cob feeder in practically an hour.
After that we had to wait to roast some corn in the oven prior to we can begin offering squirrels at Squirely’s Snack Shack.
Exactly how We Constructed a Squirrel Corn Cob Feeder
Our Squirrel Feeder Program
( 2) 5/8 in. x 3-1/2 in. x 6 ft. Western Red Cedar Dog-Ear Fencing Picket
16 Scale Brad Nails
4 ″ Screw
FYI: This blog post has affiliate web links to items we made use of as well as suched as for our squirrel corn cob feeder DIY. As an Amazon Associate Gray Home Studio earns from certifying purchases. This is at no additional price to you. We value you supporting this site.Read our personal privacy and disclosure policy.
Makita XFD10Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Driver-Drill, Device Only, 1/2″
RIDGID R4512 10 in. 13-Amp Cast IronTable Saw.
Alta Woodland Products 5/8 in. x 5-1/2 in. x 6 ft. Western Red Cedar # 1 Dog-Ear …
American Garden Functions KK-100 Kritter Korn Ear Corn for Squirrels, 6.5 …
5/8 in. x 3-1/4 in. x 3-1/2 ft. Western Red Cedar French Gothic Fence Picket …
Advertisements by Amazon.
Get our Do It Yourself Squirrel Feeder Plans.
When you buy our DIY Squirrel Feeder Plans intends you get a PDF with a thorough materials listing, a cut listing, precise measurements for each and every piece, building guidelines– all for only $3. We appreciate you supporting Gray Home Workshop!
TUTORIAL VIDEO CLIP.
[yotuwp type=” videos” id=” y3EeFJq8Wu8 ″ title=” off” description=” off” gamer=” size= 590 & modestbranding= 0 & showinfo= 0 ″] Register for our YouTube Network.
Like our video clip and/or squirrels? Please subscribe as well as aid us reach our objective of 100k clients.
1. We made this project making use of two 3-1/2 ″ cedar fence pickets. Brent utilized a table saw to rip each board down to the appropriate width. You can discover the exact measurements we utilized in our squirrel feeder strategies.
2. Our assistant assisted measure the boards for the following round of cuts.
3. Brent made use of a miter attended reduce the boards down to the sizes he required for every item of the squirrel feeder. You can discover the specific measurements we made use of in our squirrel feeder plans.
4. For similar parts Brent stacked the items on top of each various other to see to it the cuts coincided size.
5. Each piece was held with each other with timber adhesive and a clamp to prepare for the following action.
6. Any type of tiny nails will certainly help this job but we used what we had in the garage, the 16 scale brad nails that Brent’s usages with his nail gun. Our assistant practiced his hammering abilities with papa’s assistance.
7. Next off, Brent constructed the little squirrel chairs with nails and a hammer. Cedar is truly soft so it makes excellent working practice for young woodworkers.
8. The final pice of little furnishings that he built was the table.
9. At the center of the little table Brent utilized his drill to make a pilot hole. After that he made use of a 4 ″ screw with all-time low of the table that will certainly hold the corn cob in position.
10. Brent used wood adhesive and a clamp to hold the chairs and tables in place while he hammered in nails from the bottom of the structure.
After our squirrel corn cob feeder was constructed, it was time to add the corn!
12. The corn cob screwed quickly into the screw and also the threads allowed sufficient to keep the corn cob.
We simply utilized some corn on the cob we had on hand since we are attempting to restrict leaving our home throughout this time around. However, we found out that squirrels had absolutely no rate of interest in routine corn.
So we roasted a corn cob in our oven all day and also placed it back out in our squirrel feeder the following early morning and that appeared to be much more luring to our squirrel pal.
For an hour job that cost us absolutely nothing, making this squirrel feeder and watching the squirrels eat brought us entertainment and also joy which are two points we might make use of best about currently.
Our three year old liked making a squirrel corn cob feeder as well as he loved expecting the squirrels in the trees. The squirrels seem pretty satisfied with it also.
PIN IT FOR LATER.
Shop Related Products.
Ads by Amazon.com.
Makita XFD10Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Driv …
( 260 ).
OFFER OF THE DAY.
RIDGID R4512 10 in. 13-Amp Cast IronTable Saw.